Summer has arrived! Here in the Ozarks, that means it’s time to think about how you’re going to stay as cool as possible during those hot, muggy, humid days ahead.
If your AC unit is past its prime and no longer cooling efficiently, it could be time to consider a new one.
There are quite a few benefits to installing a new AC unit before the summer heat really hits. But there are also some cost-effective options to consider that may cause you to raise your eyebrows in ‘unexpected surprise’ at how affordable the process can be.
Here at F&S Master Air, we’ve been installing units from the Rheem Endeavor Line Prestige Series for homeowners here in the Ozarks—and we love how well they work in this specific (and somewhat demanding) part of the country in terms of raw and efficient cooling power.
So let’s talk about the benefits of considering a new AC unit for summer—and let’s also discuss why we recommend the Rheem Endeavor Line Prestige Series units for the majority of installs.
The Benefits Of Replacing Your AC Unit Before Summer Kicks In
The primary benefits of replacing your AC unit before those 90+ days show up include:
- Better energy efficiency: A new AC unit will use less energy than an old one, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- More comfort: A new AC unit will provide better cooling, so you can stay comfortable all summer long.
- Longer lifespan: A new AC unit will last longer than an old one, so you won’t have to worry about replacing it again anytime soon.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you have a new, reliable AC unit can give you peace of mind as you look ahead to those hot, muggy summer months.
Considerations For New AC Units
If you’re thinking about installing a new AC unit, there are also a few considerations to keep in mind.
Of course, you’ll need to choose the right size unit for your home.
An oversized unit will waste energy, while an undersized unit won’t be able to keep your home cool enough.
You’ll also need to decide what type of AC unit you want.
There are central AC units, window AC units, and portable AC units. Central AC units are the most efficient, but they’re also the most expensive.
Window AC units are less expensive, but they’re not as efficient.
And portable AC units are a good option for small spaces, but they’re not as efficient as central or window AC units (and just don’t really work well as a permanent, long-term option in many homes).
We generally help customers to navigate these challenges by recommending our favorite modern AC line: the Rheem Endeavor Line Prestige Series.
Here’s why we recommend this particular AC unit series.
Why We Recommend The Rheem Endeavor Line Prestige Series
First of all, the AC unit range of sizes in this series are designed to take care of homes of pretty much any size.
Units are available in tonnages that range from 2 to 5, meaning that regardless of what size your home is, there’ll be a unit (or a configuration of units) that’ll meet your needs.
Secondly, the air conditioners in this particular series are literally loaded with innovative features that make them truly impressive modern AC units in every sense of the word. Some of the best features that Rheem really capitalized on with this series include:
- Peace of mind with the industry’s best 10-year parts plus a 10-year conditional unit replacement warranty
- Massive energy savings to save you even more on your electric bill
- Truly impressive variable speed compressor technology empowers these units to cool your space quickly and powerfully—keeping you comfortable all summer long
- They look awesome. The curved louvered panels and rugged corner posts are designed to not only protect the internal components, but also to make them look great from the outside at the same time
- They’re quiet. Some older and less sophisticated AC units are just too loud for residential use. But Rheem has cornered the ‘quiet AC’ market with these units because they’re literally designed and created with cutting-edge acoustics—with integrated sound-dampening features built into them.
Installing a new AC unit when yours is on its last leg is a wise investment that can save you money and improve your comfort levels as the temperatures increase.
And nowhere is this more true than right here in the Ozarks.
With that being said—if you’re thinking about getting a new AC unit, don’t wait until that summer heat really hits to pick up the phone. Contact us here at F&S Master Air to get a project estimate and move forward with it starting today.